Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No communication with the outside world!!

I have now been on the job for a week and a half. Things are going well as I try to learn the ins and outs of the new church; meet students, parents, and others; and learn to survive without cable, internet, or phone. We are staying with a family that has an extra house on their farm land. Unfortunately, the house doesn't have cable or internet. We have cell phones, but we can't get any reception because we are so far out of town. When we drive into town for work or to go somewhere, our phones work and I have internet at work so I can check e-mail and turn in my school assignments. At least the house has hot, running water and we don't have to use an outhouse for the bathroom (for those who like to bash on Iowa, yes, we do have running water)!! Of course, things could be worse if we were missing things like food or other items many people in the world don't have. I guess I shouldn't complain. I also want to thank the Connellys for letting us stay at their house. They have been very kind and we appreciate them opening their home.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Eric and Kate,
I miss you guys, and my family misses you. I have been praying daily for you both. Glad the church thing is going well. Sorry about the delay with your house. When do you have to be out of the Rochester house? Let us know if you need anything. Hugs and kisses to you both and to Maddie. Eric, buy Kate a big Diet Coke for me! Go HAWKS!
Keep us updated as you are able.
Michelle

Missy Eagen said...

Glad for the update, I'm sorry your not in your house yet, but grateful for the family willing to house you (did they let Elway come too, if so they double their rewards! :) ) Echoing what Michelle said let us know if you need help in this end! Missing you guys!