Tuesday, May 8, 2007

CCC Farewell

Last Sunday, the Student Ministries put on a farewell party for Kate, Maddie, and me. It started off with a slideshow of the past 4 years and then there was a time of sharing. The first part of the sharing was funny stuff. I think my favorite story was Michelle describing how she thought I was a short, fat black man by my voice. (For those who weren't there, she got this impression from talking to me on the phone but not knowing what I look like). Apparently, I also have some anger management and time management issues :-) (the anger tended to be towards my 7th grade guys CORE Group...or so they thought).

The second part of the sharing was the "serious" stuff. It was really AWESOME to hear how Kate and I have made a difference in the lives of students, parents, and leaders. Often times, we don't take the time to tell others how much of a difference they make in our lives. I was reminded that I should do the same.

But it's not just about us! I want to thank all the students, parents, and leaders who have made working at CCC such a joy! As I shared on Sunday, as much as I have had the opportunity to teach others, they have taught me just as much. I am always excited to see students, parents, and leaders put their faith in action.

I also want to thank everyone who came to the farewell and especially those who helped make it happen. I know it takes a lot of time and energy to put on something like that. So we thank you very much!!

Thanks so much and we love you all. We hope you will keep in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah so after the farewell I was tralkng to Will and he told me that during the "funny story time," I should have told a certain story. So here it is...
It was my first day at Nexus and we were still in the trailer. I had met Eric and was introducing myself and talking to him. During this time, he asked me "Should I call you Jacob or Jake." I said that I didn't care and he told me he was going to call me Ralf. I said it was ok and the name stuck. Today many people even think that it is my real name!!!
Ralf

Eric R. said...

When you are able to, you should legally change your name to Ralf. That would be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

that's like the 500th time youve told me that.. but I'll still try
Ralf