Monday, March 3, 2008

OUCH!

Thursday night Eric decided to go play basketball at open gym night up at church. Since we moved to Iowa he hasn't really gotten a chance to play sports like he did in Rochester so he thought it would be fun. He left about 7:00pm then at 8:30 or so he called to say that he was on his way home and that he had hurt his ankle. He thought that it was either badly sprained or broken. My first thought, "he is never playing sports again!!! :)" He got home and was in horrible pain and up most of the night on Thursday night...so I was too (of course that was the one night so far that Ella decided to sleep 7 hours straight!). On Friday morning we went in and got it X-rayed and it isn't broken so that is good I guess. In the mean time he is on crutches and has it wrapped. It is still really swollen and painful and he can't walk on it at all!
So we are praying for a speedy recovery and that he can walk on it again soon. At least it is his left foot so he can still drive and he isn't 8 months pregnant like I was when it happened to me...I am definitely having flashbacks to winter camp '06 when I broke my foot!
Maddie's 2nd birthday is tomorrow and we are planning on going to Chuck E. Cheese's for games and pizza. Hopefully "gimpy" can come along with us :) I will keep you posted...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Maddie! Eric, I hope that you heal quickly. I love the new pictures that you posted! Is there a reason Elway is getting left out of the recent posts?

Take care, Megan Reinalda